8:00 AM–9:00 AM
Breakfast & Registration
9:00 AM–9:05 AM
Welcome to the Financial Services Leaders Forum
Speaker: Bob Allison, Head of Banking, Capital Markets & Insurance, Google Cloud
9:05 AM–9:35 AM
Keynote: Tackling the Hardest Problems in the Industry: Security
Speaker: Royal Hansen, CISO, Google
9:35 AM–10:05 AM
Panel: Regulatory Compliance and Security in the Age of Cloud
Moderator: Tais O’Dwyer, Global Client Director, Financial Services, Google Cloud
- Melissa MacGregor, Managing Director and Associate General Counsel, SIFMA
- Al Alvarado, Examining Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Paul Milkman, CISO, Technology and Operational Risk, CIT
Sit down with industry experts to explore the rate of adoption of cloud from a regulatory perspective. We will examine points-of-view, from regulators to industry firms and associations, to see why cloud makes sense, how it is being adopted, what roles it fits best and how to leverage it to reduce risk, ensure transparency and maintain compliance.
10:05 AM–10:35 AM
Panel with Visionaries: The Future of Financial Services
Moderator: Stuart Breslow, Managing Director, Financial Services, Google Cloud
- Tom Glocer, Executive Chairman, BlueVoyant
- Michael Tang, Partner, Deloitte
As fintechs bring the “move-fast-and-break-things” approach to the market, traditional financial institutions are rethinking how they can innovate more effectively and pioneer disruptions of their own. The technology is out there for the taking, but who will get the upper hand first? Hear this panel debate various future scenarios.
10:35 AM–10:50 AM
10:50 AM–11:20 AM
Panel: Reimagining Financial Services with APIs
Moderator: David Feuer, Head of Global Platform Strategy, Apigee, Google
- Bob Blainey, Vice President - P&CB Architecture & Platform Engineering, RBC
- Juan Martinez, Global Head of APIs, Identity & Connectivity, SWIFT
- Apurva Mehta, CTO, UBS Wealth Management, US
The adoption of 'digital' technologies' such as web, mobile, and voice is shifting the way consumers and business users consume financial services. This has created an opening for challengers, who have been aggressively funded by the VC community to attack subsegments of finance. In this session we'll hear from industry leaders on how they are using APIs to reimagine how they deliver services to their customers.
11:20 AM–11:50 AM
Above the Noise: What Quantum Computing Is and Isn’t
Speaker: Hratch Achadijan, Head of Business Development for Quantum Computing, Google
A practical overview of the Quantum Computing landscape, how to dial through the hype and prepare for possible near-term enterprise applications.
11:50 AM–12:20 PM
Solutions Lighting Talks:
- BlueVoyant: Blindsided - Too Many Alerts, Not Enough Time
- Speaker: Milan Patel, Chief Client Officer, BlueVoyant
- Deloitte: The Future of Operations.
- Speaker: Anuj Mallick, Principal, Banking and Capital Markets, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Iron Mountain: Document Understanding with AI for Financial Services
- Speaker: Mark McLaughlin, Senior Director, Technical Partner Management, Iron Mountain
- Quantiphi: Contact Center AI
- Speaker: Asif Hasan, Co-Founder, Quantiphi
- Maven Wave: Unlocking Competitive Advantage with Data for Financial Services
- Speaker: Andrew Dunmore, Managing Director, Financial Services, Maven Wave
- Accenture: Biometrics in Financial Services
- Speaker: Christine Leong, Managing Director, Global Lead Digital Identity Innovations, Accenture
12:20 PM–1:30 PM
Lunch & Solutions Showcase
Expand all keyboard_arrow_up
Capital Markets Track keyboard_arrow_up
1:30 PM–2:00 PM
Panel: Cloud as an Innovation Platform in Capital Markets
Moderator: Ulku Rowe
- Manoj Narang, CEO of Mana Partners
- Adam Honore, Executive Director and Head of Product Management for Data Services, CME Group
- Sameer Gupta, Head of Data Sourcing, Point 72
In this panel, industry executives will discuss their experiences in innovation. We’ll examine the transformative effects of cloud, big data, serverless infrastructure, APIs, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in today’s capital markets.
2:00 PM–2:30 PM
Predicting Treasury Settlement Failures with ML
- Victor O'Laughlen, Digital Business Leader, Clearance and Collateral Management, Bank of New York Mellon
- Sarthak Pattanaik, CIO, Clearance and Collateral Technology, Bank of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon’s Government Securities Services (GSS) business is the sole provider of treasury settlement services in the U.S. Given its unique market position, GSS is exploring how to help clients improve their forecasting of $70+ billion in daily settlement fails leveraging Google Cloud Platform.
2:30 PM–3:00 PM
Linguistic Arbitrage: Applying Google Translation to Breaking News
Speaker: Ted Merz, Global Head of News Product, Bloomberg
News breaks in any language at any time. The globalization of investing and markets has created a need for real-time automated translation tools.
Banking & Insurance Track keyboard_arrow_up
1:30 PM–2:00 PM
Anthos for Retail Banking
Anthos for Retail Banking Speakers:
- Gabe Jaynes, Architect and Engineer, KeyBank
- Joe Albanese, Customer Engineer, Google Cloud
Kubernetes provides KeyBank with the ability to deliver real-time updates to consumer facing applications without system interruption. It also provides the ability to scale their infrastructure to support spikes in demand for their online banking application. Google Anthos manages the kubernetes infrastructure enabling Key Bank to focus on delivering the best experience to their customers.
2:00 PM–2:30 PM
WePay: Satisfying Banking Controls with a FinTech Approach
- Rich Steenburg, Principal Engineer, WePay
- Keith Wood
How WePay’s agile development approach continues to innovate and flourish under regulatory controls. Through our strong partnership with Google Cloud, WePay is navigating cloud security and compliance standards.
2:30 PM–3:00 PM
ATB Financial & G Suite
Speaker: Wellington Holbrook, Chief Transformation Officer
Session description is coming soon.
3:00 PM–4:00 PM
Networking Coffee Reception - Sponsored by Accenture